Hi! I’m Matt.
I’m a photographer, video producer, and digital content creator with 10 years of international production and project management experience. I make vibrant, poetic, persuasive content about travel and culture.
- Available to conceptualize, shoot, edit, and post-produce the media you need.
- Social media content, short films, video-based installations, and immersive experiences.
- Can organize and execute international shoots.
- Adept at translating disparate world views into meaningful stories for lay audiences.
- Specialized in international, cross-cultural stories.
- Proficient in 5 languages.
PORTRAITS + Stories from around the world
My work transports viewers to the periphery of their world to discover that it’s the center of someone else’s.
Our Land is the Sea
24 min | Documentary
A short film about three generations of a seafaring indigenous community in Indonesia. The film explores how they're navigating the impact of climate change on the ocean. Made in partnership with the Center for South East Asia Studies at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa and funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
A Teacher & Her Students Are Saving Their Island
1 min 15 sec | Social Media Piece
What would you do as a teacher on an island going under water? Yanti Sandi from the Forkani Foundation in Wakatobi National Park, Indonesia, is teaching her students conservation through planting thousands of mangrove trees. It's not just a lesson. It's a lifesaver.
Himalayan Elders See Climate Change Everywhere They Look
1 min 30 sec | Social Media Piece
A group of students in the Indian Himalayas are interviewing their grandparents about how their environment has changed over the last 70 to 90 years. Their memories help track the speed of glacial recession and temperature rise in the absence of consistent data from before the 1980s.
All media ©Matt Colaciello, 2016-2019